Sunday, February 3, 2013

Internship: Astoria Boracay


Hello! So long since I last posted here. This time, I want to share some of my experienced during my Internship at Astoria Boracay (By the way, I'm taking up Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management :D It is very important for us to know and have an experience in different hotel and restaurant operation like cleaning, serving etc. for us to be able to know what it feels like to be in that position so that when the time comes when we are finally a hotel/restaurant manager we can manage our subordinates well.
:)


On my first 15 days of training I was assigned at Housekeeping Department. We are responsible to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of each room:


Before we start cleaning the room we need to call the Housekeeping Telephone Operator for our location. (So that they can monitor us)
 


In this picture, I replenished bathrooms amenities:soup,tissue,toothbrush,shampoo...etc.


  

 Bed making (sounds funny:D ) - the word bed making is the terminology used in hotel  which means arranging bedsheets and other beddings on bed.

 

Just because one of my favorite color is green, I took a picture in this room :)


On last few days of my training, I were assigned at Bar and Coffee Shop: "White Cafe":






Preparing all the cutleries



Setting-up for breakfast buffet



With our Supervisor :)


"Internship is far different from attending schools. It took a lot of courage and dedication to fulfill it, and ofcourse patience and being strong enough to face all the circumtances that will come along your way. :)"
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment