Friday, March 14, 2014

"How to Deal with the Unexpected trial" (My 1st topic on our Cellgroup)

Last December 2013, our circle of friends decided to have our own Cell group/Bible study. Each of us will be assigned every week to lead the entire group for the bible study. 


Below was my 1st topic for Bible study.
(I searched on google to have an idea of what will be a good topic to discuss for our bible study)



“How to Deal with the Unexpected Trial"



Have you ever found yourself wondering?
Why did this happen right now?”
or “Why did this happen so soon?”



Some of the trials of life are easily expected as they lurk in the foreground- and this makes them a bit more manageable in some respects.
Though certain hardships are just plain tough. No matter how far you know in advance.
Then, that other category sneaks up on us.
You know the one- the unexpected.

The surprise that wasn’t so sweet.
The phone call that sent a panic into our veins.
The news that was far from pleasant. 

They aren’t pretty. They come from nowhere and before you know it, you’ve been blindsided. You didn’t see it coming and it’s too late to attempt to do anything about it. The injury has been sustained. The news has been delivered. The clock has struck and there is no turning back the time to yesterday.

Your spirit is wounded and dried up to the point of feeling nonexistent yet the ache does not go away. You can hardly believe it is true.
 
5 Biblical truths to claim when you need to know how to deal with the unexpected 
  
1. God knows the best place for me in this moment.
For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:5

2. God will provide His strength to get me through this situation.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Psalm 46:1-3

3. God will hear me when I pray to Him.
In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. Psalm 18:6

4. God has worked wonders in the past and will do it again.
I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples. Psalm 77:11&14

5. God has a plan for everything that happens in our lives.
The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way;though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand. Psalm 37:23





God uses problems to Examine you.
God uses problems to Lead you in the right Direction.
God uses problems to Discipline you.
God uses problems to Shield you from greater harm.
God uses problems to Refine and Improve you.



GOD BLESS!



No comments:

Post a Comment